I've been making this recipe for ages, and in general it's a real crowd pleaser. It was only recently though that I decided that it was about time I measure out exactly what I'm putting in it so that I can share this lovely salad with all of you!
Time: 20 minutes
- 9oz/250g buckwheat soba noodles
- 1-2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp or a pinch of chili flakes
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 large carrot, fine julienne or shredded (or spiralized!)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (optional)
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds, white and/or black
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook soba noodles until al dente, about 5-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start mixing up the dressing: in small measuring cup or bowl, mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and chili flakes. Chop onions and shred, grate or fine julienne carrot.
- When pasta is ready, drain and rinse with cold water, then put in large serving bowl and gently mix with peanut oil to stop them from sticking.
- Poor vinaigrette over noodles along with onions, carrots, cilantro, and 2 Tbsp of the sesame seeds. Toss and mix.
- Let cool for at least one (1) hour in the fridge before serving. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tbsp sesame seeds before serving.