Perks of this smoothie: 2 servings of fruit, 1 serving of green veg, 1 serving of dairy alternatives and 1 (or 2) servings of deliciousness. And if you want to get a serving of protein in your smoothie too, just add 2 Tbsp nut butter.
I used frozen peach in this smoothie instead of my typical frozen banana, and it turned out great! But if you don't have the frozen peach, you can substitute it for a banana. And because of the chia seeds, this is a great on-the-go smoothie because it won't get all watery.
Serves: 1 large (about 650mL) or 2 small
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 medium peach, cut and frozen
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 cup spinach, loosely packed
- 1 small chunk of ginger, about 1/4"x1/2" (about 1/2 tsp ginger paste)
- 1 cup soy milk or almond milk
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3-4 ice cubes
- (optional: 2 Tbsp nut butter)
- Put all ingredients in a high speed blender, blend on high (purée or liquify) for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Serve in a mason jar (because not many people have a cup big enough to fit 650mL, and if it's too much goodness for one sitting you can put the lid on and save it for later)
- Since there's chia seeds in this smoothie, it stays thick for longer than a normal smoothie and thus can be made in advance.